Generate more leads from your digital activities (part 3): Create effective landing pages
Landing pages are efficient for lead generation and promoting your products and services. Just like blogs, a landing page should be SEO optimized to expand your search engine reach and chances of driving traffic to your site. Here is an illustration showing how it could work:
However, many would probably agree that it should not only serve for SEO purposes, but also offer quality content to the visitors. Otherwise, the page would end up generating traffic, but not converting any leads.
Here is a couple of tips on how to make your landing pages more effective and relevant, both in relation to Google and new leads:
- Use Google and Google Trends to determine the title as well as the most important phrases that can generate Google traffic. Then make sure to use these phrases throughout the page to boost the SEO.
- The same keywords should then be used to create Google AdWords campaigns to increase incoming traffic.
- Work with external link building to improve SEO and raise the incoming traffic. A great way to do so is by asking business partners with related content to provide links to your website.
- Add clear call to actions (CTA) to increase the chances of converting leads. Sometimes a lead require more information before filling out a form, so make sure to provide contact forms, newsletter subscription etc. on several pages.
- Use customer testimonials or business cases to improve your credibility and to increase the conversion rate.